st: Re: Stata data analysis

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Re: Stata data analysis
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:58:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Maoyong,

Consider buying this book:

Lawrence C. Hamilton, 2004, Statistics with Stata

I will also quote from the Statalist FAQ

"Beginners' questions are usually indulged (we were all beginners
once), but if you ask too many elementary questions, you may get
little or no response. Read The Fine Manual (or a good statistics

Friedrich Huebler

--- Maoyong Fan <> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> Has anyone done data analysis before?  Could you please give me
> some example?  I want to do some basic data analysis using Stata
> including:
> drawing distribution graphs of one variable
> drawing distribution graphs of many variables in one graph
> compare two variables, giving out corelation between them
> comparing many variables, giving out correlation between them
> etc
> Also,I want to store the distribution graph in output file.  How
> can I do this?
> Warm regards,
> Maoyong Fan

Do you Yahoo!?