st: testing for contrasts using svr command

From   "Chattopadhyay, Arpita" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: testing for contrasts using svr command
Date   Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:21:13 -0700

Hi everyone,
I am using the svrmean command to calculate the mean of variable by race and
gender.  I then want to see if difference in mean between males and females
among whites is significantly different from the gender difference in other
races.  I gather that fro this I need to use the svrest and svresttest
commands.  This is what I am doing: (1,2,3 & 4 are race, gender groups)
. svrest "svrmean usc, by (group)" "[usc]2-[usc]1-[usc]4+[usc]3"
error when command executed on original dataset
invalid syntax
Please help.

Arpita Chattopadhyay, Ph.D.
Senior Statistician
Primary Care Research Center
University of California at San Francisco
1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 90, Ward 95
San Francisco, CA 94110
Ph: 415 206 6188