st: svrest & svresttest commands

From   "Chattopadhyay, Arpita" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: svrest & svresttest commands
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:47:27 -0700

Hi everyone,
I am using the svrmean command to calculate the mean of variable by race and
gender.  I then want to see if difference in mean between males and females
among whites is significantly different from the gender difference in other
races.  I gather that fro this I need to use the svrest and svresttest
commands.  However, I do not know how to access the mean values after the
estimation command and do the test.  This is what I am doing (0 and 1 stand
for males and females respectively):
. svrest "svrmean usc, by (smallrace pcpreq)"
error when command executed on original dataset
invalid syntax
Please help.

Arpita Chattopadhyay, Ph.D.
Senior Statistician
Primary Care Research Center
University of California at San Francisco
1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 90, Ward 95
San Francisco, CA 94110
Ph: 415 206 6188