st: RE: Winexec does not understand compound quotes

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Winexec does not understand compound quotes
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:57:22 +0100

As I understand it, -winexec- passes its arguments to the OS,
Windows whatever. There is no reason to expect Windows
to understand `"  "' which I believe to be a Stata
peculiarity. But then in your example the `" "'
are not necessary, so what are you missing?

Renzo Comolli