st: Winexec does not understand compound quotes

From   "Renzo Comolli" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Winexec does not understand compound quotes
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2004 01:46:51 -0400

This is a FYI post -- just something I thought to share.

The command -winexec- does not understand compound quotes.
. winexec "C:/Program Files/Windows NT/Accessories/wordpad.exe"
works properly (assuming you have Windows XP), but
. winexec `"C:/Program Files/Windows NT/Accessories/wordpad.exe"'
does not.

This behavior has little importance and I imagine the reason why that
happens; I just thought I would comment on it given that I did not find it
documented anywhere (and it is an exception to my rule of thumb that you
can't go wrong by using compound quotes)

Renzo Comolli