Re: st: Maximum length of macros

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Maximum length of macros
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:56:40 -0400 (EDT)

. whelp limits

will show you that
                                        Small    Intercooled       Stata/SE
# of characters in a macro             8,681         67,784      1,081,511

But in order to keep the max length of a string from limiting you, you need to
drop the equals sign.

Try:
. local w   "pop young old male MSA countyhospice pctblack pctrural pctold charscore ipdays opdays tot_hos oppaid totalpaid"

Dan Blanchette
Carolina Population Center UNC-CH