st: option absorb(cluster) with tobit and CLAD

From   Rijo John <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: option absorb(cluster) with tobit and CLAD
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:25:33 +0530 (IST)

Dear Statalist members,

 I am using the option absorbe(clust) with the command areg in stata.
It specifies the categorical variable which is to be included in the
regression as if it were specified by dummy. When I have thousands of
dummies to be generated and used in the regression this option makes the
life easy with stata. Same is done with the command xtreg, fe i(clust)

Below is the command I am executing:

areg lnexp lhsize meanage sexratio maleratio adultratio meanedu
maxedu, absorb(clust)

Now I want to know if such a thing can be done along with the commands
tobit and clad (censord LAD)

I mean some thing like:

tobit  depvar var1 var2 var3, ll(0) absorb(clust) or

intreg depvar1 depvar2 var1 var2 var3, cluster(varname) [ this cluster
(varname) is not same as absorb(clust) ]

clad  depvar var1 var2 var3, ll(0) reps(100) psu(varname)
 [this psu(varname) is also not same as absorb(clust)]

Is there a way I can incorporate this absorb(clust) option along with
tobit and CLAD estimation?

 Your help will be highly appreciated...

Rijo.M.John,Research Scholar
Indira Gandhi Institute of Developement Research,
Film City Road, Goregaon East,
Mumbai, India-400065.
contact: (+91)9892412476