Re: st: graph: ytitle position

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graph: ytitle position
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:45:09 -0400

At 11:13 AM 6/10/2004 +0930, you wrote:

Another method is to recognise that a title is defined within a textbox, and can take options allowed for the textbox. So we could use the dimensions of the box (which you don't see, by default) to induce the appearance of a gap.
Also along these lines, you can use the margin() option of textboxes to set the margins around the title:

graph twoway scatter mpg price, ytitle("My Title", margin(0 5 0 0) )

This, for example, set the bottom margin of the title to 5 (the arguments are in the order top bottom left right). See help textbox_options.

--Nick Winter

Nicholas Winter 607.255.8819 t
Assistant Professor 607.255.4530 f
Department of Government [email protected] e
308 White Hall falcon.arts.cornell.edu/nw53 w
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-4601
*
* For searches and help try: