st: RE: RE: stegen command and the package installation

From   "Parimon, Tanyalak" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: stegen command and the package installation
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:15:37 -0700

Thank you very much, will do it.

Tanyalak

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Cox [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: stegen command and the package installation

Let's back track. -stegen- is a user-written
command. You installed -stegen- from the StataCorp
website files for Stata Technical Bulletin 35,
published in January 1998. In Stata terms, that
is a long time ago. That version of -stegen- was
written for Stata version 5. What's important here is
that in Stata 6 the survival analysis commands
were changed substantially.

. findit stegen

shows that Jeroen Weesie, the author, has a more
up-to-date version of -stegen- written for Stata version
6, which is on his own website. That, possibly, may work
with survival features in version 8. If not, then you will need to come
back to the list and say precisely what you want to do.

More generally, the fact that you are using version 8
doesn't mean that you can use all previous user-written
programs. You can use most, but not all. A few are
broken by changes in Stata since they were written
or for other reasons.

Parimon, Tanyalak