st: xtrchh2/xtrchh

From   "Diego Rei" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtrchh2/xtrchh
Date   Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:56:56 +0200

Hello to all the Statalisters,
I am trying to run the commands xtrchh/xtrchh2 on my models and I always get the following message:
"602 obs. dropped (panels too small)"
Does anybody know why this is happening? Suspecting that it might depend on the rather small number of cross sections relative to parameters to be estimated, I eliminated some of the covariates and obtained :
"matrix has missing values"
 which is indeed true. I just would ask for a confirmation, is the xtrchh command running with balanced panels only?Is the problem with panels too small related to the number of panels with respect to the parameters or to the time series dimension of the cross sections, or to something else?
Thanks for any help.
Have a good day