st: RE: RE: Quintile lines in Area chart (or any chart)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Quintile lines in Area chart (or any chart)
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:02:53 +0100

I didn't spell out how this differs from various
other approaches equally valid. For example, -centile-
will give you a display of the quintiles given the
right request. The point, if there is one, to this
little program is that the quintiles are returned
in r(q), so that e.g.

quintiles mpg
scatter weight mpg, xli(`r(q)')

avoids retyping the numbers. However, you must pick
up r(q) before something else overwrites it.