st: log-linear models with sampling weights

From   Paul Perl <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: log-linear models with sampling weights
Date   Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:11:27 -0400

I need to estimate log-linear models using sampling weights.  I am
interested only in finding the best fitting models, not in parameter
estimates.

My understanding is that this can be done by using the - desmat: poisson
- command to estimate the unweighted cell counts while using the -
exposure - subcommand used to specify the weights.  Is this correct?  If
so, what goes in the parentheses after - exposure -?  I am guessing that
it must be a variable equal to something like the weighted count divided
by the unweighted count.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Paul

--
Paul Perl
Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA)

Direct phone (preferred): (202) 687-1365
General CARA phone: (202) 687-8080
Fax: (202) 687-8083
[email protected]
http://cara.georgetown.edu