st: log-linear models with sampling weights

From   Paul Perl <>
Subject   st: log-linear models with sampling weights
Date   Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:11:27 -0400

I need to estimate log-linear models using sampling weights.  I am
interested only in finding the best fitting models, not in parameter

My understanding is that this can be done by using the - desmat: poisson
- command to estimate the unweighted cell counts while using the -
exposure - subcommand used to specify the weights.  Is this correct?  If
so, what goes in the parentheses after - exposure -?  I am guessing that
it must be a variable equal to something like the weighted count divided
by the unweighted count.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Paul Perl
Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA)
2300 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20007

Direct phone (preferred): (202) 687-1365
General CARA phone: (202) 687-8080
Fax: (202) 687-8083