st: RE: shortfall analysis - logit question

From   "Owens, Douglas Hamilton" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: shortfall analysis - logit question
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:19:20 -0000

David,
here's some sample code that might be helpful.

logit promoted african controls
// Adjust can do the next 4 lines at once, but
// I like the simple steps approach.
g aa = african
replace african = 0
predict eprom
replace african = aa
replace eprom = 0 if african==0
g actual = promoted * african
replace eprom = sum(eprom)
replace actual = sum(actual)
local shortfall = expected[_N]-actual[_N]
di "the shortfall is  " %7.1f `shortfall'
// use the t-stat from the logit.
// Also you can put it in a program to clean up
// the display of the results you want.