Re: st: -areg- versus -xtreg, fe- (revised)

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: -areg- versus -xtreg, fe- (revised)
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:42:08 -0500

At 12:09 AM 6/3/2004 +0100, Clive Nicholas wrote:
Still, the quandary of whether or not robust standard errors under FE is
possible remains. I notice that FE is the only model (FGLS and -areg-
included) that reports sensible constant values for my data, which is a
plus for me.
Whenever Stata doesn't do something it normally does, like allow robust standard errors, I always wonder if it is because (a) it is statistically inappropriate, or (b) nobody has gotten around to programming it yet.

I don't know much about XT models, but I notice that some commands (e.g. -xtgee-) do allow for robust standard errors, if there is any way you can use them instead.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu