RE: st: RE: multinomial logit/probit panel data

From   "Guillaume Frechette" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: multinomial logit/probit panel data
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 19:00:59 +0000

For ordinal outcomes you can look at gllamm and reoprob. Good luck.

From: "Taylor, Andrew" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: st: RE: multinomial logit/probit panel data
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:37:03 +0100

Dear Giovanni

As I understand it, you would not be able to use clogit or mlogit unless you pooled all your years of panel data. (if by panel data you mean a time series cross sectional dataset, which I think you do.) Consequently, you wouldn't be able to use random or fixed effects models, if you wanted to.

Perhaps someone could identify if there is a Stata routine for multinomial or ordinal analysis of longitudinal/panel/xsectiontimeseries models. I haven't come across it.

If Stata can't do it, can Limdep or any other program??

Andrew Taylor