RE: st: unable to install patches

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: unable to install patches
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 17:01:07 +0100

Jeffry,

Subject:        	RE: st: unable to install patches
Date sent:      	Thu, 27 May 2004 10:41:47 -0500
From:           	"Jacob, Jeffry Ankur" <[email protected]>
To:             	<[email protected]>
Send reply to:  	[email protected]

> Thanks for all the responses.
> I tried doing several things. I put the files in sysdir path the sysdir path and adopath.
> I copied all the files using the browser and then used notepad to save them with the relevant extensions (choosing the all files options).
> Finally I created a package file and a toc file with the relevant infromation and tried to install them through the help menu (user written software...). This way, I get a message that the software has been installed but when I run the commands, I get the following error messages
> 1. with ivreg2
>               gt;1 invalid name
>
> 2. with xtabond2 and outreg
>                 unrecognized command:  merge
>                 r(199);
> I will really appreciate any further suggestions on how to fix this problem.

I recommend trying a direct download from RePEc, e.g., for ivreg2:

http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s425401.html

and use the download buttons.  I have a feeling it might be the pass
through the browser and notepad that is messing up the contents of
the files.

--Mark

> Thanks again,
> Jeffry Jacob

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK
44-131-451-3494 direct
44-131-451-3008 fax
44-131-451-3485 CERT administrator
http://www.som.hw.ac.uk/cert