st: fixed effects & autoco& heterosk&xttest3

From   "Svetlana Mira " <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: fixed effects & autoco& heterosk&xttest3
Date   Wed, 26 May 2004 00:57:15 GMT0BST

I have used xttest3 to test for heteroskedasticity  in a fixed effects model (xtreg, fe) based
on a large dataset (44th over 13 years). However, in one of the help-notes I have found that
 xttest3 is not very accurate for large N and small t. In addition to
this, the dataset is very unbalancedand with lots of missing values.
Would it be correct to use xttest3 to test for heterosced in this type of dataset?

Many thanks,
Svetlana