Re: st: fixed effects & autocorrelation& heteroskedasticity

From   "Antonio Rodrigues Andres" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: fixed effects & autocorrelation& heteroskedasticity
Date   Tue, 25 May 2004 23:38:47 +0200

Thanks Cordula

I tried
xtgls y x1 x2 x3, force p(corr)
but it appears the message
panels must be balanced

what is wrong?

>>> [email protected] 05/25/04 7:37 PM >>>
Toni,

There's also a command -xtserial- testing for first-order
autocorrelation
with panel data. You should get it from

findit xtserial

To test for heteroskedasticity, there's also a "helpfile" online at

<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/panel.html>

If you then use xtgls and you have heteroskedasticity & autocorrelation,

you can correct for both with xtgls, using either panels (corr) or
corr(ar1) -whichever is appropriate- and panels(heteroskedastic)to
correct
for heteroskedasticity. If you have an unbalanced panel, you need to use

the force option, i.e.

xtgls..., force...

Hope this helps.

Cordula

--On 25 May 2004 18:43 +0200 Antonio Rodrigues Andres <[email protected]>