st: Limiting analysis time in Survival Analysis

From   Lisa Sharwood <>
Subject   st: Limiting analysis time in Survival Analysis
Date   Tue, 25 May 2004 12:05:13 +1000

I have data with which I have performed a survival analysis graph, which represents the probability of seizure freedom over time in Years in the analysis. Now I am trying to re-analyse that data limiting the analysis time to after two years in the analysis. I am having difficulty doing this - as if I use a new variable created with only the pts who remain IN the study after two years and then do the analysis, it gives me a flat line for one variable which is incorrect. I have tried to limit the axis - ie setting the scale but am told in the manuals that stata will not do this.
I hope this makes sense.. thanks for your suggestions.
* For searches and help try: