st: CLI and GUI

From   Shige <>
Subject   st: CLI and GUI
Date   Sun, 23 May 2004 13:47:54 -0700

Stata for Linux and Unix offer both CLI and GUI. Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to do graphics using CLI in version 8. The combination of Stata+ESS+Emacs has been extremely valuable for me and I hope in next release Stata for Linux and Unix treat CLI and GUI equally, as it was in version 6, if I remember correctly. Is there anyone else care to share their idea on this?

Shige Song
Department of Sociology, UCLA
* For searches and help try: