Re: st: RE: treatment of "$" in graphics text

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: treatment of "$" in graphics text
Date   Sat, 22 May 2004 12:16:19 +0930

Thanks Nick.

Having tried quite a few tricks I am, as you might say, fresh out of sausages.
Only brand "smcl" appears tasty enough to bribe the dogs.

Note (and as documented in the User's Guide, p207) that if the first character
after the "$" is a numeral, Stata is smart enough to interpret this as
currency, not as a global macro, and this is true for -display- or in the
context of specifying text in a graphic. But if you want to specify the *type*
of dollars by inserting a country's abbreviation between the "$" and the
amount, eg $US1000 or $A2000, then the smcl code is the way to go for graph
titles etc.

Phil

--
Philip Ryan
Associate Professor

Associate Dean (IT)
Faculty of Health Sciences

Head, Data Management and Analysis Centre
Department of Public Health and Department of General Practice

University of Adelaide
5005 South Australia
AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is