st: xtlogit

From   "Ann E Fitzmaurice" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtlogit
Date   Thu, 20 May 2004 22:23:33 +0100

Ann E Fitzmaurice
Medical Statistician

University of Aberdeen
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
Cornhill Road, Aberdeen.  AB25 2ZL

Tel:  +44 (0) 1224 553876
Fax: +44 (0) 1224 553708
e-mail: [email protected]
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/dugaldbairdcentre/

good evening

I have ru a series of logistic regressions, ignoring the fact that the
subjects were fron different organizations

What I would like to do now is to see if there are any organizational
effects

Can this be done using xtlogit  , I also need to xi:

So the command would be xi: xtlogit y i.x1 i.x2 etc , i(organization)

If it is correct to use xtlogit and I would also be interested in the
associated odds ratios, in the output you get a value for rho, is this
the level of variation between organizations and if so how can I tell if
there is an organizational effect and what effect this may be having on
the individual odds ratios

Regards

ann