st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Using postfile

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Using postfile
Date   Thu, 20 May 2004 19:15:46 +0200

Hello again,

I apologize that my query still lacks clarity. I will go back to auto.dta,
for example there are two tabulations below:

tab rep78 for, matcell(new)
    Repair |
    Record |       Car type
      1978 |  Domestic    Foreign |     Total
-----------+----------------------+----------
         1 |         2          0 |         2
         2 |         8          0 |         8
         3 |        27          3 |        30
         4 |         9          9 |        18
         5 |         2          9 |        11
-----------+----------------------+----------
     Total |        48         21 |        69
 tab rep78 wg, matcell(newg)
    Repair |
    Record |          wg
      1978 |         0          1 |     Total
-----------+----------------------+----------
         1 |         0          2 |         2
         2 |         0          8 |         8
         3 |         1         29 |        30
         4 |         5         13 |        18
         5 |         1         10 |        11
-----------+----------------------+----------
     Total |         7         62 |        69

matrix list new
new[5,2]
    c1  c2
r1   2   0
r2   8   0
r3  27   3
r4   9   9
r5   2   9

matrix list newg
newg[5,2]
    c3  c4
r1   0   2
r2   0   8
r3   1  29
r4   5  13
r5   1  10

I wish to output the content of the matrices "new" and "newg" to one dataset
(or *.txt) whose records will be r1-r5 and variables will be c1 c2 c3 c4.

I hope that is clearer and my apologies for the confusion once again.

Best regards,

Amani