RE: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 22:55:28 +0100

Perhaps there is a language problem here somewhere.

I have often printed out slides (i.e. physical transparencies
you can hold) of Stata graphs using Svend Juul's schemes (examples
of schemes with "color background white")
and this has never been an issue. Everything is
transparent, except the points, lines, text, etc.
that should not be. "White" means in this case "transparent",
at least when printed. Perhaps however you are talking
of something to be shown using Acrobat or similar.

As for the -tsgraph- problem, there is
no bug, merely a misunderstanding.

. twoway (tsline le), ttitle(, color(none))

just changes the -color()-. If you want to blank
out the title text, you need to make that explicit.

. twoway (tsline le), ttitle("", color(none))

There are many analogues here. See

. whelp repeated_options

or (as of 18 May)

. whelp repeated options

for the story (which you will probably recognise). As someone
wrote in the FAQ,

Don't say "Is this a bug?". Almost all the time, it is not!

Fredrik Wallenberg