Re: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics

From   Fredrik Wallenberg <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 16:38:09 -0500

Since my slides don't have a black uniform color background, selecting
a specific background color, white or otherwise, will not solve my
problem. I am used to producing PDF graphics with transparency and am
disappointed that Stata isn't helping me in this regard.

What I CAN do is open up the eps/pdf in Adobe Illustrator and remove
the offending objects... however that is a drag (to say the least).

Speaking of offending objects (and color=none) not working... I can't
get rid of the title for the t-axis

. sysuse uslifeexp
. tsset year
. twoway (tsline le), ttitle(, color(none))

Is this a bug in Stata for mac or does everyone get the same result
(the title for the t-axis "year" remains visible).