Re: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics

From   Fredrik Wallenberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Transparent background in graphics
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 11:39:22 -0500

When I do that I get a black background :(

I can understand that the pdf export option doesn't work since
Statacorp simply uses the built in print-to-pdf function in OS X (so
they're not actually saving the graphic components). However I'm
surprised that the eps export doesn't work properly, it also picks up
the black background.

High quality graphics is one of Stata 8's main selling points (over
previous versions) and I would expect transparency to be handled
properly since it is critical if you want to use your graphics on
slides (or other cases where the graphic will be overlayed on some
non-white background).

Fredrik