[no subject]

Well, that's correct then. But I am now completely unclear
on what is going wrong.

Here is an extract from the FAQ:

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed
(or did) in response. N.B. exactly! If you can, reproduce
the error with one of Stata's provided datasets or a simple
concocted dataset that you include in your posting."