st: -tab_chi- updated on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -tab_chi- updated on SSC
Date   Tue, 18 May 2004 20:07:37 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum, -tab_chi- has been updated
on SSC. The update concerns the -tabsplit- command,
which now requires Stata 8. (The earlier version
remains under the name -tabsplit6-, the 6 being
a signal that only Stata 6 is required. -tabsplit6-
is frozen as is, and will not be updated by me;
it remains just in case it is of interest to
users of Stata 6 or Stata 7.)

What -tabsplit- does can be seen by typing

. ssc type tabsplit.hlp

in a fairly up-to-date net-aware Stata.

-tabsplit- goes back to 1998 and was due for
an overhaul. The previous version could
change the sort order of your data, now
regarded as a strong misfeature. -tabsplit-
now reflects the introduction of -split-
in official Stata and changes in -tabulate-
ditto. It is, I hope, a cleaner and more
focused program than the previous version.