st: Lagged independent variables & panel data

From   Cordula Stolberg <>
Subject   st: Lagged independent variables & panel data
Date   Mon, 17 May 2004 14:06:55 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question about a panel data model. I want to estimate a regression containing lagged x's, but no lagged y's, i.e.

frag fdi l.fdi l2.fdi & some dummies

I'm not sure how to do that with Stata. As far as I can see, the xtabond command is only for dynamic panel data models with lagged dependent variables. I've tried the usual xtreg..., but then Stata tells me that I can't use time series operators. Does anyone know the command I should use?

Moreover, I have a question with regard to the xtserial command. I've used it for a random effects model (I had already detected heteroskedasticity) and have found autocorrelation. How do I then correct for that? I know there are the various xtgls commands to correct for autocorrelation, but I'm not sure which type of autocorrelation xtserial is referring to.

Sorry for the long mail & thanks for you help,
* For searches and help try: