st: RE: very large numbers

From   "Leuven, E." <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: very large numbers
Date   Mon, 17 May 2004 12:19:31 +0200

create them as double

g double x = exp(y)

-----Original Message-----
From: on behalf of
Sent:	Mon 5/17/2004 11:50 AM
Subject:	st: very large numbers
Dea Statalisters,

I´m trying to -gen- the exponential form of already quite large numbers and
Stata generates -missing values- for most of the observations. I assume they
are dropped because for their excessive size.

I do not wish to take any other form of, such as the logarithmic transform
because I need to look at some empirical distributional properties of the
exponential form of some ratios.

Is there a way to force Stata to accept such large numbers?
many thanks in advance,

Dimitris Christodoulou

This mail sent through