st: very large numbers

Subject   st: very large numbers
Date   Mon, 17 May 2004 10:50:17 +0100

Dea Statalisters,

Im trying to -gen- the exponential form of already quite large numbers and
Stata generates -missing values- for most of the observations. I assume they
are dropped because for their excessive size.

I do not wish to take any other form of, such as the logarithmic transform
because I need to look at some empirical distributional properties of the
exponential form of some ratios.

Is there a way to force Stata to accept such large numbers?
many thanks in advance,

Dimitris Christodoulou

This mail sent through