Re: st: RE: RE: Dependent variable is a proportion

From   joachim Wagner <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Dependent variable is a proportion
Date   Thu, 13 May 2004 13:36:56 +0200

Nick (and others):

No, the paper deals with the (0,1) case. A solution for the [0,1] case with many zeros is the fractional logit estimator introduced by Leslie Papke and Jeff Wooldridge in their Journal of Applied Econometrics paper in 1996; see also Jeff Wooldridge 's textbook " Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data ", MIT Press 2002, p. 661ff. This can easily done in Stata by using glm with the binomial family and a logit link.

Joachim