Re: st: Time to run a program

From   Jean-Benoit Hardouin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Time to run a program
Date   Wed, 12 May 2004 20:31:35 +0200

OK thank you everybody for these explanations.

My problem is to save the time of computing, because my aim is to compare by simulations several methods, notably to compare them over the time of computing. These method are very long to run (several hours for one of them, several dizains of minutes for two others, seval seconds for the four last), and I so, the displaying of the time of computing is not enough for me: I must save it.

The rmsg and profiler command don't permit a priori to save this time of computing. Since the simulations can run over several days, I must consider the problem of the date, so the problem is complex.

The elapse command seem to be a solution, as the time of computing can be saved in a global macro ($S_elap) even the obtained result is strange (111 means 1 minute and 11 seconds !!). I test it.

So thank you to Antoine, Ulrich, E. Leuven, Davis and Nick for their help to solve this problem.

Jean-Benoit Hardouin