st: labedit copy and paste failure

From   Pamela Meadows <>
Subject   st: labedit copy and paste failure
Date   Wed, 12 May 2004 16:43:22 +0100 (BST)

Dear Listers
I am using Stata 8 with Windows XP and have downloaded
labedit which is generally a nifty way to label your
variables (and particularly your values).  I have
recently had groups of six variables where only one
thing changes and tried to use the claimed copy and
paste facility within labedit, but I have failed every
way I try and do it.  It won't copy with the mouse or
with the edit button and it won't paste even from a
text editor. There is nothing in the FAQ or the
archive.  I solved my immediate problem by editing the
command line for each variable, but copying and
pasting within labedit would have been great if I
could have got it to work.  Has anyone else had this
problem, and if so, how did they solve it?

Pamela Meadows