RE: st: Time to run a program

From   "Leuven, E." <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Time to run a program
Date   Wed, 12 May 2004 18:29:30 +0200

after running a command stata now shows you something like

r; t=0.64 18:27:06

so in this case it took 0.64 secs to run the program

it also shows the time

which reminds me: time to go home!

-----Original Message-----
From: on behalf of Jean-Benoit Hardouin
Sent:	Wed 5/12/2004 6:06 PM
Subject:	Re: st: Time to run a program
this command permet to display the date/time, but don't solve my problem
(Perhaps I have not see all the subtleties of this command).

My problem is to compute the time between the beginning and the end of the
running of a program.

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Benoit Hardouin

Le Wed, 12 May 2004 16:30:04 +0200, Ulrich Kohler <> a

> How about
> . set rmsg on
>> I search a way to obtain the time (in seconds) to run a program. I
>> suppose
>> we search the DATE/TIME ($S_DATE and $S_TIME ?) at the beginning of the
>> program and at the end of the program, and that we compute the
>> difference
>> between these two times, but I don't know how made that. Thank you for
>> your help.
>> Jean-Benoit Hardouin

Jean-Benoit Hardouin
Regional Health Observatory