st: RE: automatic documentation for Stata ?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: automatic documentation for Stata ?
Date   Fri, 7 May 2004 13:52:23 +0100

I'm not familiar with Javadoc.

I think it is highly possible. You would need
to read in a series of files, select the
relevant stuff, and write to a master file.
In Stata, you _could_ read in do files
as string variables, but a better approach
would probably be based on -file-.

However, it would be surprising if anyone had
anticipated your needs by writing some Stata
code to do precisely this. Also, fond though
I am of Stata, if this were my problem I would
use some scripting language (Awk, Perl, Python,
etc., etc.) or programmable text
editor to automate this task.

Iben Fasterholdt