st: Compare observed - expected survival functions

From   n p <>
Subject   st: Compare observed - expected survival functions
Date   Fri, 7 May 2004 09:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statalisters,

Is it possible to evaluate the fit of a survival model
by comparing the predicted survival function with the
observed (Kaplan-Meier estimate). I think this questio
n was asked long time ago but I found no answers in
the archives. I also think that this kind of test is
refered as "one-sample logrank test" but I am not
sure. I am asking this on behalf of a coleague of mine
but I am also curious.
Any help, thoughts or pointers to relevant literature
will be much appreciated.

Nikos Pantazis

Do you Yahoo!?