Re: st: Panel data, missing values and estimation in differences.

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Panel data, missing values and estimation in differences.
Date   Thu, 06 May 2004 10:30:33 -0400

Check out the recent Wooldridge book on pooled and cross sectional modeling. My recollection is that first differencing and using dummies will give identical results only when you have just two cross sections. Results diverge with more cross sections than two due to differences in the way these two procedures respond to serial correlation.

Wooldridge, Jeffrey. 2002. Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data. MIT Press.

Dave Jacobs