st: buying new computer, suggestions?

From   "Boylan, Richard" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: buying new computer, suggestions?
Date   Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:03:58 -0500

I need to buy a new computer.  The only times when speed ends up mattering is when I use STATA and merge very large datasets, use GLAMM, or use mfx.  I was looking at the Dell Precision Workstation, and I saw a very large set of options in terms of processors, hard drives, and so on, and I have no idea what options matter given the tasks that I listed above and which do not.  Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks.  Richard