st: convergence of ML

Subject   st: convergence of ML
Date   Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:45:13 -0700

I am trying to run a ML model but I cannot make it work for
the data set that I am using. I know that the program works
since I checked it with other data set and it ran without

I keep getting the message:
initial:       log likelihood =     -<inf>  (could not be
could not find feasible values

I have tried ml search to find better values but I get the
same message, and ml plot tells me that all log likelihood
values are missing. I have tried giving initial values based
on an alternative model and ml max, difficult but nothing
works. Any suggestions? Is it possible to have a data set
for which you cannot make   ml max work no matter what you

Alejandro Lopez-Feldman
Ph.D. Candidate
Agricultural and Resource Economics