st: Re: benchmarks

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: benchmarks
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:02:46 -0400

On Apr 27, 2004, at 2:33 AM, David wrote:

It's not necessary to have the blessing or advice of Stata Corp. or the
authors or GLLAMM for someone to generate a benchmark .ado, and a
posting site. Better, but not necessary.

- -Dave

I would be pleased to include any benchmarking information on SSC. We already have some Stata-related items in SSC that are not Stata code: e.g. the texteditors FAQ, or the SSC submission FAQ. Given Stata's package structure, it would be very simple to construct a package which contained an ado (to run a benchmark), one or more PDFs listing results from various platform/operating system configurations, etc. That would have the advantage that the benchmark program would be installable using the normal Stata syntax. All we need is a volunteer who would like to construct something for Stata as has been indicated as available for other applications.

Kit Baum
SSC archive maintainer

*
* For searches and help try: