st: Density/Geographical Maps

From   Fredrik Wallenberg <>
Subject   st: Density/Geographical Maps
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:18:52 -0700

There is a package for "R" that allows you to work with geographical maps (at least US state/county maps). I haven't looked into it in detail but at the very least you can select the shade of each object based on a value so it works great for depicting densities across geographical areas. There is a similar plug-in for Excel if you are on Windows (which I'm not). Does nayone know of anything like that for Stata?

* For searches and help try: