Re: st: Re: into the executable...

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: into the executable...
Date   Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:20:37 +0930

With respect to gllamm, both Kit and Ronan have suggested a plug-in solution
rather than incorporating code into the executable. For my part I'd be happy
either way - as long as we get compiled code so that Stata has a mixed models
estimation program that is useably speedy.  I might add, in the spirit of
Ronan's last message, that no criticism is implied of the developers of gllamm
-
 it is a remarkable achievement by any standard.

Perhaps the current lively thread centred on hardware and programming options
for gllamm will encourage StataCorp &/or the gllamm developers to raise its
priority a notch or two on their to-do list. There is obviously a receptive
audience out here in Stata-land for that.

Phil

--
Philip Ryan
Associate Professor

Associate Dean (IT)
Faculty of Health Sciences

Head, Data Management and Analysis Centre
Department of Public Health and Department of General Practice

University of Adelaide
5005 South Australia
AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is