st: RE: graph combine, asis

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: graph combine, asis
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:15:11 +0200

Hi Ben,

Here is a Stata/LaTeX-Solution. The following Stata-Code produces graphs.eps -
completely automated and reproducable. You may change the width of the graphs
to get them all on one page.

Assuming that you have 12 graphs saved as memory graphs with names g1, g2 ...
g12:

file open graphs using mygraph.tex, write

file write graphs "\documentclass{<whatever>}" _n
file write graphs "\usepackage{graphicx}" _n _n
file write graphs "\begin{document}" _n

forv i=1/12 {
  graph display g`i'
  graph export g`i'.eps, replace
  file write graphs "\includegraphics[width=4cm]{g`i'}" _n
}

file write graphs "\end{document}" _n

!latex graphs
!dvips -o graphs.ps graps.dvi

(Code not tested, but you get the idea)

Jann, Ben wrote:
> Because I want to look at, say, 12 graphs arranged on
> one single sheet (and possibly print the sheet) to get
> an overview and to be able to compare the graphs directly
> (without giving too much attention to details; if details
> matter, one can still zoom in single graphs). The
> 12-graph-sheet is only for inspection, though. What will
> be used later on are the single graphs. Thus, it would
> be nice if the sheet contains exact representations of
> the single graphs.
>
> Of course, doing all this with -graph combine- is very
> inefficient. Maybe, a better procedure would be to
> translate the graphs to eps or emf or so and then launch
> some external utility which arrays them together into a
> single sheet. Does anyone know of such a tool?
>
> ben

+49 (030) 25491-361