st: Replacing missing values

From   "joe J." <>
Subject   st: Replacing missing values
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:30:00 +0000

I have a panel (unbalanced) dataset of manufacturing plants for several years. Investment series is missing for a lot of plants. I tried the statacode -ipolate-, which uses linear interpolation and extrapolation procedures. But these have resulted in many negative values. Is there any way one could restrict -ipolate- from extrapolating negative values or are there superior methods to replace missing values?

Need quick cash? Click here !

* For searches and help try: