st: Time trend

Subject   st: Time trend
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:43:44 -0400

I have data with 3 different dummy variables for 3 different
time periods.  I want to add a linear time trend and am unsure
[I was told that I could "detrend" to do the same thing and
regress each variable on t and save the residuals and the
residuals have the detrended series, but I am unsure of how to do
this over the course of the three periods to form one long period
and do you regress all the variables together?].

Thank you,