st: Grouped Logit question

From   Fredrik Wallenberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Grouped Logit question
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:51:38 -0700

Revealing my ignorance of the mathematical proofs, I'm struggling to get a grip on exactly what the Grouped Logit function does and how it should be used appropriately. Specifically I wonder about the use of count vs. proportion variables on both the left and right hand side.

the command is (of course)

glogit depvar denominator list_of_covariates

Also, I assume that what this does (in layman terms) is essentially weight each row by the relative size of that observation compared to the size of the other observations. In my case I have observations by county and running the regression for the full US... i.e. I have some 3200 observations representing all use households.

Thanks in advance,

Fredrik

*
* For searches and help try: