st: RE: RE: graph combine, asis

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: graph combine, asis
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:07:01 +0200

Naji, thank's for the tip. There are some issues, though:

- The size of fonts is still being modified. This can be
  fixed by specifying -graph combine ..., ... iscale(1)-

- Graphs can not be larger than 20in x 20in. This does not
  really matter, though, as long as the proportion
  between xsize and ysize remains constant (i.e., instead
  of, e.g., size 30x20 one can just specify size 15x10).

- The main problem is that the method only works in the
  special case with only one column (and overall xsize <
  ysize) or one row (and overall ysize < xsize) of graphs.
  Option -iscale()- may be used to rescale fonts/symbols
  (e.g., in the case of an array of 2x3 graphs [and
  overall ysize < xsize] specify -iscale(.5)-). However,
  there are a lot of other sizes depending on min(overall
  xsize, overall ysize), which cannot be influenced by
  -iscale-. Thus, the single graphs will look differently.

After a lot of playing around, I could not find a satisfying
solution. I guess, the only way to solve the problem would
be to change the reference for the determination of relative
sizes to min(xsize,ysize) of the embedded graphs instead of
the combined graph. This, however, does not seem to be
possible.

ben