st: RE: graph combine, asis

From   "Naji Nassar \(MIReS\)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: graph combine, asis
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:36:31 +0200

Ben,

I don't know if the following will help, but here what I used to do
- For each single graph, I just fix x&y size (4x4)
- For the combine graph, I just fix the overall x&y size as the sum of x&y
size

twoway (histogram var1,...) (scatter btta var1, ...), ysize(4) xsize(4)
graph copy hoist, replace
qbeta var1, ... ysize(4) xsize(4)
graph copy bsist, replace
graph combine hoist bsist, xsize(8) ysize(4)
You'll get a vector of 1x2 graphs without any modification

Best

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]De la part de Jann, Ben
Envoye : mardi 20 avril 2004 20:59
A : [email protected]
Objet : st: graph combine, asis

Sometimes, I wish there was a "light" version of
-graph combine-. That is, a command to array several
graphs just like -graph combine- does, but without
reinterpreting the single graphs. The only thing the
command should do is to scale the graphs and array
them into a new graph (i.e., the single graphs should
look exactly the same as before, just smaller).

Does anyone have an idea how such a command (or an
"asis" option to -graph combine-) could be realized?
Or is this totally against the way how Stata treats
graphs?

Thanks for any hints,

ben