st: -finddup- for panel?

From   "joe J." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -finddup- for panel?
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:22:08 +0000

Hello,

I have a panel data set, where there are duplicates of the panel variable. But I want to retain them because the mistake is only in the panel variable, not in other variables in the observation. (For my analysis, I would aggregate the data so that the panel variable is no longer relevant.)

BUT, I keep the panel format in the beginning in order to fill in missing values using interpolation. To do this I want to keep out observations with the duplicate panel variable and append them back after interpolation has been done. For a non-panel data, I could use the stata-code -FINDDUP- (by Fred Wolfe downloadable from SSC). -finddup- helps to take out a particular duplicate observation and save it for later use. But it does not work in a panel set up. Is there any way around, other than doing it sepeartely for each year?
Joe

Hotmail on your mobile. Messenger on your mobile. http://www.msn.co.in/mobile/ Stay connected to what matters.

*
* For searches and help try: